Sunday, April 3, 2011

Much needed FUN weekend

So, no one got sick this weekend!  ;)  We started the weekend with Zumba at the Y with our Zumba buddies, the Borske Family.  The regular instructor wasn't there so Melanie wasn't in her groove!  But, I had a great time!  (Ok, so...I sucked but it was fun!!)  Then, over to their house for beer and pizza.  Saturday morning began on the cold soccer field.  It is not because the temperature was bad, but just the wind on the field.  Each girl scored a goal and were very pleased with themselves!  We ran home and ate lunch.  We changed and went to the dance studio open house.  We took our friends Sherrill (mom) and Tiffany (daughter who is interested in dance).  After that, we ran to a baby shower.  We were the last to arrive but brought the champagne for mimosas and, unfortunately, the first to leave.  We went over to Blackhorse for dinner.  This is a great brew pub in downtown Clarksville.  It is great food.  We met the Borske family there.  We went home and, evidently, the girls weren't tired enough.  So, they invited the girls across the street over.  So...bike riding, Kids Choice Awards, and many laughs were shared.  Sunday was nice.  We went to church for the first time since E left.  It was great for me but the girls didn't enjoy the church service part....  Lunch with the Bergmann family (Sherrill, Birdog, Drayton, and Tiffany).  Then, to their house to play in the creek, woods, and house.  It was a lot of fun. Drayton was in my kindergarten class when I taught at Ft. C in 2001-2002.  I am glad we have kept in touch with this great family!  I feel very refreshed after my first week as a SAHM and great weekend!  So, all those who are worried about me, I hope you don't worry so much.  I never mean to make people worry about me.  But, I still want to give an accurate portrayal of what the wives (and families) of deployed soldiers go through.  Unfortunately, it ain't always great.  But, it is just life...the life I have chosen...the life I am proud of...  So, I will have good and bad days/weeks/months....... Keep the prayers coming.  I can use them EVERY day!!!  :)

1 comment: