Sunday, May 1, 2011

Proud Mama!


So, today was the QCRR (Queen City Road Race).  It was the 33rd Annual event.  Last year all four of us registered for the 1 Mile Movement but decided not to go because of the heavy rains (which led to the flooding of our town).  This year the 3 of us registered for the 5K since Grandpa (my Dad) was going to do it, the girls decided that they could too!  It ended up being myself and girls, my sister Julie, my Dad (a.k.a. Grandpa) and my Aunt Kathy.  My Mom (a.k.a. Grandma) and Uncle Frank (Grandpa's brother and Aunt Kathy's husband) came for moral support. Grandpa told me I should bring a wagon because with the hills in Clarksville, I was surely going to be pulling one of them along....  I didn't do it!!!  I refused to pull an 8 or 6 year old around in a wagon!! About an hour before the race it started to rain.  But, by race time, it was sprinkling.  RJ began strong and got a stomach cramp at about 1 mile.  But, we breathed through it and she rocked the rest of it.  D went from jogging to walking the whole race!  We are still waiting for our "official" results.  I think the girls and I finished before the 45 min. mark.  Grandpa and Julie finished a few minutes later.  And, Aunt Kathy and another nurse that she met along the race finished last at 52 minutes.  Aunt Kathy met this lady who had just lost over 100 lbs. and had completed a 2K and a 3K previously.  The girls and I met a lady who's children were cheering her along around the Franklin St. area.  We began talking and this was her first race after losing 155 lbs.  How awesome!!!  It is great to meet really neat people along the way.  Of course, we ran part of the race with our dear friend, Jaime.  We also ran into friends from dance, church, and school.  It was amazing how all these paths crossed today to make it a great day!  I appreciate http://www.clarksvillenow.com/ for taking pictures and posting them quickly.  They are awesome!!!
So, here's to a happy, healthy, and FIT 2012!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment