Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hard work!

I am exhausted after a weekend of yard work.  Usually, Eric would mow the yard while I was inside working on stuff (and checking facebook here and there...).  But, this weekend, I mowed the yard AND went through spring/summer clothes with the kids!  Today, I trimmed 15 bushes, cut back 2 knock out roses, planted 3 boxwood bushes, 3 something or others....20 something of some bulb plant and 24 tulips.  WOW!!!  I am soo tired!!  I am sore!  I miss my husband!!!  I can't believe that this is spring break already!  I have playdates and stuff planned for every day but Friday this week.  I can't believe how blessed we are to have such good friends! 

The girls are excited but a little apprehensive about starting their new school.  I am so glad that they will start in a week and I can be a mom only.  I can already feel a weight lifted off of my shoulders by not having any lesson plans, school work, etc. hanging over my shoulders.  I have found out that each girl will know people in their class.  I am glad that they each know someone.  I think it is so great that although they are changing schools, this will be an easier transition. 

I am able to talk to Eric many nights a week.  I feel very blessed that we have good communication abilities while he is away.  I am also feeling blessed that he and I have such a strong relationship that we can talk about nothing or something serious but still feel secure that we are always going to be married.  It makes this transition easier. 

Say a prayer for all of our troops tonight!  They aren't able to pray with their children tonight but need our prayers daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment