Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 1

Well, today was the first day of a year....  I began by waking up at 9 am.  (Since I was up until after 3 and a couple of times before 9, I don't think that was too bad)  I checked e-mail, facebook, etc., just like normal.  Finally, we all got our day started and ran to Wal-Mart for Superbowl and weekly groceries.  We picked up a few things to send to E for Valentine's Day.  It was so hard but I came home and began picking up and cleaning. I kept my phone close but didn't check facebook or email until almost 5.  To my surprise, E was there!  I wished I had gotten online sooner but who knew?  He was in Ireland for a layover of about 7 or so hours.  We were still chatting when our first Superbowl guests arrived.  Thank goodness this family has been through this and let me chat with E.  It was nice but I didn't have much to say.  I wanted to tell him so much but nothing very important happened.  It was hard because I wanted to cry but it wouldn't help.  I love my husband so much and it is so hard to move on. Now I need to decide how I want to spend the time that he is gone.  I had such good friends over and it was a nice distraction. Now, all is quiet and girls are in bed.  I need to sleep but it seems so lonely and quiet.  It just isn't right without E around!  I need him in my life.  I love my husband and I am proud of him for the sacrifices he is making but really want him home!  I am exhausted already and hopefully this will lead to a good night's sleep................

1 comment:

  1. Amy, this brings tears to my eyes! Thank you for sharing your heart and soul to those that care about you. I am totally removed from your situation, I have no friends whose husbands leave for 1 year at a time. Mine leaves for 2 weeks or so every 8 to 10 weeks. You have every right to be frustrated, sad, exhausted, overwhelmed, and so very proud of your husband. I am proud of you, you are a strong wife and Mom, you do a fantastic job! Bless you and your family...hang in there!

    ReplyDelete