Monday, February 28, 2011

Guilt Gone...Still Overwhelmed

So, the guilt is gone and I got D the Tamiflu today.  And, she threw it up!  She threw it up on the way to the car dealership because I couldn't get one of the back row seats to work right!  I had to figure it out!!  So, on the way, I had turned right onto College St. from Riverside Dr.  I was past the 4-way stop but before the stoplight at N. 2nd St.  Well, there it came...the apples she ate for lunch!  I had just cleaned the van out and the rubber floor mats.  I pulled over to the side of the road, put on my hazards, gave her napkins, and unlocked the door.  She stood outside on the sidewalk and threw up the rest she had in her.  She got back in the van a little gray but feeling much better...  I had traffic totally stopped at the stop sign behind me!  We both totally forgot that the windows rolled down in the back of our van.  (The 2003 Odyssey didn't have that feature)  I felt so bad that I couldn't get out and help her.  She was such a big girl!!  :(  We went to the dealership and found out where I made the mistake and I felt like an idiot!!  We got home and she said she wasn't sick anymore!  Should I give her more Tamiflu or not?  Who knows?  Guess I will have to deal with that later!
We weren't able to take D to her ENT appt today since she was running a fever.  The audiology exam would have been invalid with all the head congestion she had.  We get to go on Wednesday.  Since we are in charge of Wednesday Night Supper at church, we have to let the rest of our team handle the responsibilities without us.  I do feel bad not being able to do it all.  But, I know I can't.  I am one person, I have two children, and a job for 2 more weeks. 
So, tomorrow, I will be working on getting D well while RJ is at school.  They both need to be in school.  We NEED to have a routine since it's been 23 days since he left!  I normally am in a routine in 5-7 days.  So, hopefully, we will get in a routine soooonnnn..........  Otherwise, I may crawl into my bed and not come out.... Oh yeah...that's not an option!  I guess I will keep going and keep smiling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment