Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Sick" cleaning=early spring cleaning

With a sick kid at home and the other at school, I had time to clean out the girls' bedrooms.  I was able to clean sheets yesterday and remake the beds.  But, spent the rest of my time on the main living spaces.  So, today I was able to attack the bedrooms without anyone saying, "No, don't get rid of that!" or "I will wear that one day!"  And, my all time favorite, "But, I got that at....It means soooooo much to me!"  It looks so much better in their bedrooms and hopefully I will be able to keep it up.  I have been busy thinking as well. What do I want? What will work best for our family?  What can we afford?  Can I afford to be a SAHM?  How can I save money?  Where do I want our family to go?  How can I continue this trend of the girls dealing with the deployment well?  What am I doing right?  What am I doing wrong? 

So, as you can see, this has been very cathartic for me.  I have cleaned my house and cleansed my soul!  In the next week or so, I will reveal some of my plans.....I will reveal the epiphanies I have had.  But, it's not totally ready yet. 

All of this in time for Lent (begins Mar. 9)!  I must decide what to God has in store for us during that time.  I am open and ready for God to speak to me and lead the way! And, yes, God, I am listening to what you have been telling me for the last few months!  I am finally ready to act so stop stomping your feet and making our air cold down here.  I am ready to act on it!!! 

2 comments:

  1. you're going to open an ugly wedding dress shop, aren't you? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left you an award at my blog! Love your new adventure in blogland! If you need anything I am here :)

    ReplyDelete