Wednesday, February 9, 2011

snow, snow, snow

Well, today was the second snow day in so many days....  I ran to the post office and dump but that was it.  So, we got some homework done and played a little.  I talked too much on the phone and played too much on the computer.  But, I didn't hear from E today so I know that he is at his final destination and doesn't really have time and/or resources to be in touch.  We have an agreement that he won't wait for more than 15-30 minutes to call me.  I can wait a few days.  I know soldiers who have waited hours in line to call home.  I don't want him to do that or feel the pressure to do so.  With us having this understanding, he doesn't feel the pressure to call.  And, I know that he will let others call home first.  We ate dinner and the girls "decided" to get together a Valentine's Day present for me.  So, they worked for a long time getting that ready.  They asked if I wanted it ahead of time but I said no, I wanted it on the actual day.  So, as I put them to bed tonight, Delaney said, "Mom, when Dad gets home, I want him to take us shopping for you a Valentine's Day gift that you will really like."  After I explained that it would be a year before Daddy could do that, she asked if Grandma could take her.  I told her yes, I am sure Grandma would love to do that.  (Grandpa did it for the last deployment!!)  But, today has been the first day I felt lonely.  It didn't matter what I did to keep busy or who I talked to...I missed E.  Having all of this snow begin again didn't help since we will be out on Thursday now.  My dad is having shoulder surgery tomorrow and I can't be there.  I pray that this goes well.  Helpless and alone....  Not a good way to be on a cold winter's night!  But, I will get over this and all will be good again.  When it gets warm, I am sure I will feel better!  :)

1 comment: