Thursday, February 10, 2011

For Savannah

So, today I didn't do so well!  I woke up with a sore throat, stuffy nose, and 2 girls that still need their Mama!  So, after having coffee, and making cereal for the girls, I finally got going.  The Servall Pest Control guy came by about 2 and laid bait and traps and poison for the mouse (or mice) that have made it into my warm, spacious and lovely abode!  (And, into my girls' bedrooms!!) GROSS!!!!  It is so gross and I feel so yucky about it.  But, I know if you live in the country and have a nice warm house in the winter, they like where you are!  After he left, I continued cleaning out what I wanted to...laundry room, closet (E's stuff only)....  But, after I found out that there was another snow day tomorrow...I lost it!!!  I know that there are snow covered streets in our county and it isn't safe for all kids to go to school but dang!!!!  I need a routine!!!  My Dad had surgery today on his shoulder and I wanted so desperately to get down to him.  I didn't dare go down today. I felt guilty for not being there and kept texting my mom about how Dad was doing.  His body did well with the surgery until he was trying to come out of the anetheseia.  He didn't really want to wake up.  But, that is to be expected, I am sure, since he was recently sick for about 7-10 days.  So, we will see.   I will head down there tomorrow and see Mom and Dad and go help my sister, Julie, get moved.  I still haven't heard from my wonderful husband.  But, I know he is very busy.  He is a great man and we do have the agreement that he is NOT to wait in line to call.  And, he is to make sure others have a chance.  He knows I can handle it.  I can handle it and accept it but it doesn't mean I have to like it!  :)  I decided to go to dinner with the girls tonight and my dear friend, Melanie, came with me.  Although her daughter, Michaela, wanted to come, she has not been feeling well.  She stayed at home. 
Today I received a message through a website, www.caringbridge.com and a girl from Mt. Juliet, TN (the town beside the one I grew up in) did not have good news regarding her cancer.  She is in elementary school and my old college roommate is her teacher.  Many people I know through growing up, college, and as an adult have been affected by her and her kind spirit.  So, tonight, I want to say that I am thinking about sweet Savannah Swandal and may God bless her and keep her and her family close.  Cancer is rough on adults.  I cannot imagine being a mom of a child with cancer.   So, as much as I want to complain about missing my husband and being stuck at home with two healthy children...I have to say I am one lucky girl!  Please say a prayer for Savannah when you say one for Eric!  Love to all!  Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment