Monday, February 7, 2011

Snow day #1

Well, back to work today...Oh what a day!  It was so great that I was back in a routine.... Oh, that's right--there wasn't a routine.  The morning went the same as any Monday except I had a new student and a new helper!  YEAH!!!!  Then, the regular dismissal was accompanied by a snow/sleet/rain mix that changed into pure snow in 10 minutes.  Then, within 10 more minutes, it was coating the concrete.  Well, the students couldn't concentrate on lunch much less homework.  So, an executive decision was made that we would go outside and play!!!!  Since the school system around us was closing early, we closed early.  Since I lived 30 minutes away, I left.  It took an hour and 20 minutes to make it home. 


Eric was in ?stan today and we were able to skype (we only used the typing one not the webcam part).  He should move on to the next -stan tomorrow.  We will see how that goes.  The girls have been stronger than I expected and I have actually been stronger than I expected.  I am so thankful for my great family and friends.  I have had so many people call and/or text and/or contact me via facebook to talk to me and make me feel better.  I appreciate the support of each and every person who has contacted me...it truly means a lot!!  :)  Thanks and may God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment