Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lunar New Year

So, today is Lunar New Year...NOT CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!  Yes, I say this because we spent 3 years in South Korea and I think that as hard as the South Koreans partied, they would not like to credit the Chinese for it!  So, new beginnings.  I began the year doing what I want in to be doing in the new year...enjoying life, laughing with friends, loving my family, and trying to remain as stress free as possible.  Not that stress-free is how I can live.  But....I want to try.  We visited the dr. today for the girls.  We discussed D's stress level and how to handle it.  I was told that there was a CAPS program to help military children.  I am going to try to use that in the next few months to help her.  They each had their flu shots. RJ wanted to know if she could be "put to sleep" for that like surgery.  She proceeded to scream at the top of her lungs until the shot was done and she said, "That wasn't bad."  D handled it like a champ! 

Then, we went to dinner with two close families.  As much as I wanted to enjoy it with many others, this was what Eric needed. We laughed and had a good time!   There were so many families that helped me through the last deployment.  I have new support and those tried and true.  So, I hope the next year will be filled with fun, love, and great friendships!  Happy New Year!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. loved the comment about RJ wanting to be put to sleep for a flu shot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Greg, it was quite comical. If you could have heard those squeals!!! I can guarantee her lungs are good! :)

    ReplyDelete