Sunday, February 13, 2011

Gross Exaggeration!

So, according to www.dictionary.com, gross can mean a multitude of things.  #10-Slang . extremely objectionable, offensive, or disgusting and #6-large, big, or bulky.  Today I am going to discuss both of them...  Let's start with the latter definition...Large, big, bulky... I am thinking about how large a job this is to raise my precious girls without my husband, soulmate, and biggest asset!  I cannot believe how big things seem when I can't rely on Eric to help me with them.  He gets to do some of the "fun" things like making calls to Cingular.  Everything I touched today seemed to fall apart.  I spilled things, dropped things, burned cookies, and constantly felt like I had snot running out of my nose!  And, speaking of the gross "fun" things he doesn't get to help with leads me to the other gross.  And, although this definition is the one that we think of first, it is the one that makes me the weakest!  And, with this story being so gross I have to begin on Thursday.  I found mouse poop in all of our bedrooms. (We have a basement, main floor with master, and upstairs with the other bedrooms)  I also found mouse droppings in a drawer in the house.  So, I called Servall Pest Control who does our quarterly service.  And, because of snow, the technicians weren't working.  I was lucky enough to have a technician who needed his check and is a neighbor!  So, he stopped by.  He laid out poison packets in places the dog/girls couldn't get to, sticky traps downstairs, and these "bait houses."  If you've never seen one, they look rectangular and the mouse can climb in, eat poison, get thirsty and go outside to drink and die!  So, Thursday night I heard the mouse and saw him in the "bait house" and freaked!  I was talking to my mom on the phone and ended up calling my neighbor, Mike, over to help me.  To no avail....  So, Friday night was spent in Nashville-sans mice! Yesterday, no mouse droppings in any of the upstairs bedrooms.  :)  But, last night...scratch, scratch, scratch as I heard the mouse in the house.  I was not feeling well and fell back asleep.  Today Mr. Mouse was found in the drawer in the kitchen.  I removed the washcloths and put them in the washer AGAIN and moved a sticky trap in the drawer.  So, within an hour I caught the mouse-GROSS!!!!!!!!!! So, my neighbor, Chad, had the chore opportunity to remove it for me!  Now, I moved a sticky trap in my bedroom.  So, if there is another mouse I will catch it and will return to Mighty Mike to remove it!  (I really need to spread the wealth!!)  So, am I strong? Yes!  Am I Army strong?  No way!!  But, with the support of great family and friends, I will pretend to be and will survive another 11 1/2 months!!!  HOOAH!!!!!!!! (and, really, really, really gross!!!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment