Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Made it through!

I easily made it through snow day #1 of single motherhood!  Well, I have to say I didn't do it alone!!  I had a hair appointment scheduled for this afternoon.  So, after sleeping in late, we all got up and relaxed.  Then, after playing online and watching tv for a little while, I got motivated to get up and get ready.  I decided to take hubby's beloved F-350 to get out of the driveway with instead of my brand new 2011 Odyssey!  So, I put it in 4 WD and got it up the driveway.  I parked it across the street in the neighbor's driveway since it is flat.   So, I dropped the girls with a sitter and had a relaxing hair cut and color.  I really can't remember the last time I did that.  I have been trying to go cheap and quick and use color out of a box.  It never looks as good as the box!  It was really a nice day.  I was just able to video skype with Eric.  The girls came in and were able to enjoy it as well.  I guess I will see if this makes the transition worse or if they handle it better this time.  I know that seeing his face could hurt the transition.  But, I also won't keep them from it if at all possible.  This morning I thought he left Mannis and had gotten to Afghanistan but it didn't happen.  I want him to get there so he can get busy and working again.  But, I want him to come home too!  It is hard to think that I am only on day 3 and still have many more to go.  All I can say is it sucks but we have to continue our lives or be miserable and the latter isn't an option..................  So, tomorrow will be another snow day with a good chance of more accumulation.  I would like to do something with the girls but think I might just stay home and declare it "jammie day!"  Who knows!!  For my friends and family who are following this, I really appreciate you trying to keep me busy and offering everything from a day with or without kids to a place to call if I feel the need at any hour!  I love you all!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment